Saturday, October 9, 2010

Room with a view

I've been contemplating going up onto the roof for most of the day.


Thing is that we've had patchy cloud and rain looked ominous so I procrastinated whilst watching this view from my seat. How gorgeous is the tree at our back gate? It's just coming into bloom this week. Last year when we moved in it was in full bloom.


So after a day of watching patches of sprinkly rain not soak anything and more sun than not, I ventured outside to climb the ladder and saw this cloud....




It's almost black.






Oh well, I decided to risk it and went up anyway with tools in hand, ready to begin the demolition of the bedroom chimney. So climbed half way up and had a change of heart. The pitch is too steep and slippery and my heart didn't cope well with the fear.


So now I have a glass of wine in hand and am considering options. I think this is a fairly fabulous view for our country village.


Look at what flew past my head but didn't swoop at me! We have a lot of magpies in our garden but those enormous conifers are across the road in the school grounds and are a nesting ground for all manner of winged fancy.

The tree to the left is a birch and the Rosella love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment