Friday, September 17, 2010

The pink house plans

I've finally worked out how to add in our plans. It's taken me a while and I hope they're clear enough to understand. Having floor plans on here will hopefully give you a better idea of what we're working on and what we're aiming for.


This is our existing floor plan. We're hoping to demolish the rear room labelled "spare" as well as the existing bath and laundry. They will be replaced with a new integrated living space which is flexible enough to convert the home to four bedrooms. Two new bathrooms will be built in the old front part of the house and the existing kitchen will become the third bedroom.



Last night Buster asked me to cost double brick and Hebel block. I had already found Dincel which is a new light weight formwork type of construction. It's a plastic product that is dug into the ground and filled with concrete. It is supposed to be the equivalent of double brick construction in terms of sound and thermal insulation. The costs are apparently similar, but without the labour component of bricks and the finish only requires a light render. Dincel also claims to be waterproof so no damp course is required.

via av

All up I thought it a very exciting product. Buster didn't. He wants Hebel block. So I have to redo the costings and include all the extras that were previously not needed as I can't find the initial cost guides that I had. Back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment