Saturday, September 18, 2010

Something a bit different for the garden

Isn't this a schmick outdoor space? I adore the white lines against the blue sky. And the privacy screen is a tad different, but it's lacking something I think.

via ebossnow.co.nz

Perhaps it needs more striking furniture to break up the tones.

What I love most is the sun bleached decking. It doesn't look overdone or contrived, and has a real lived in appearance.

I think the warmer timbers have been done to death, but somehow I still have a soft spot for this pergola.

via formarchitecturefurniture.com.au

It just makes so much sense. But then so too does this...

via axehome.com
We've really considered a pergola as the addition will be north facing and largely glass. There's also a 100 year old grape vine growing adjacent to our proposed deck and it is crying out to be trained overhead.

The scent of the fruit in late summer dominates our garden and it would provide glorious shade to the living areas.

Then again, Buster and I were seriously considering the outdoor bathroom option the other day. Can you spot it in here?

via trendir.com

...also love their use of the modern shed. I wish they were available in Oz. Anyone know of anything similar here?

No comments:

Post a Comment