Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Those poor blurry hens

My problem with my camera is probably my eyesight. I think I've got a lovely clear pic when it's nearly always a foggy version of reality.

These are our girls. Doris is the red hen and she is by far the most charming. She'll follow you around and eat from B's hand. They had to be moved to the farm after destroying our vegie patch and refusing to lay. From the first day at the farm they have been laying, so we've decided they're happier by the sea. And we're happier too as we're getting more eggs.

See the roost that B built using a couple of unused drawers? He's quite clever at turning junk into something useful. He uses this skill as an excuse to hoard. It's a family trait of his. I'm hoping he'll grow out of it. He's hoping to show me how futile my wishes are.



I have a funeral to attend this week. Pat has passed away and it has caused some minor glitches on the family front. Some relatives who haven't really been a part of anything have come crashing onto the scene and are being quite brash about things. Patience and humility is my mantra right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment