Saturday, September 18, 2010

The madness, it hurts

So we've pulled apart the fireplace in  the lounge room. Every single brick removed by hand... It was incredibly messy work but not too difficult. Thing is, now we have to brick it up again.

Yes we are the nutty renovators, who do EVERYTHING in the most difficult, ridiculous way possible.

Don't laugh too hard, there's work to be done...


via apartmenttherapy.com

I swoon when I think of living in this space. No messy ash, no dirty soot. Dust free and care free. I would love to have a room like this right now...

I also often think this could be the easy solution to renovating our fireplace. Just clean it up and paint it in a crisp white. Stack it with firewood as a feature and then never have to worry about it again.

Problem is we need heating and that just won't cut it.

via odhnerandodhner.com
I was thinking this look could really work in our space. Very little work. Simple and classic. Very little work. It's completely different to what we've decided on (and it would be very little work), but this image will remain an inspiration if our plan doesn't work out. The plan that involves quite a lot of work.

Love that armchair with the chaise. I'm sure IKEA have one in a very similar style.


via luxury-modern-interior-decors.blogspot.com
How sophisticated is this space? It wouldn't work at all in our current reno but is very much what I love. Clean, simple lines and no clutter. That room suits my temperament. It's just a bit too dark for my taste.

Anyway, back to work. There are bricks to be ordered and a mantle to be built. 

Anyone have any great images of nice looking mantles? 

I'm thinking they're a rarity.





No comments:

Post a Comment